Friday, March 2, 2007

Winter Vacation Up North

We have just returned from some time up north at Lake Louise thanks to the hospitality of Casey's godfather's family. It was a very quiet and peaceful week and we were grateful for the change of scenery! Casey continues to move toward crawling, and continues to shy away from solid foods. On vacation we gave him some mashed potatoes; he gave us the funniest look of fear/confusion/disgust and then gagged them down. Patience, mom and dad, patience.




The Baby Bjorn made the long family walks easier


What are you guys looking for?


Hanging out with Dad


A little time in the "tub"


Splish splash...



We are also experiencing a new attachment to objects, anything really, that he is holding or playing with. If he drops it or it is taken away he tends to go a little nuts. Today it is a pen he has been carrying around. While on vacation one night it was a yellow mixing spoon. It seems random and is only funny for a few seconds before it's tempting to find said object and give it back to make the crying stop. But that isn't the teachable moment we are going for is it - sigh. And the two teeth continue their painstakingly slow descent. Patience, mom and dad, patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like those pics. that is a cool action-shot. I was wondering where you were, but I'll see Bridget,Casey, and Jeff on Sun. when I semi-babysit him. I hoped you had fun!