Lucy was one of Casey's first fans while still in the womb, always asking me how I was doing and making lists of boy names with good nicknames (Jeff's preference). She was a huge help at our church shower, which was great because God knows I was no help :)
When Casey was born, Jeff told Lucy over the email that she was welcome to come to the hospital to see me and Casey. She was so excited that she went on online to check the visiting hours on our last day there. It was after 7 pm and visiting hours ended at 8 pm, so she had to beg her dad to leave the lawn half mowed so they would make it in time. (She printed out Jeff's email invite in case anyone tried to stop her from coming in - how adorable is that?)

Since then, Lucy has come to the house to play with Casey while Mom tried to get a few things done around the house. She is also a regular volunteer in the church nursery where Casey is a frequent flier. And Lucy is always there to hold Casey at church while I eat or run around or even sit through meetings. This week we had a farewell play date with Lucy and the triplets whom she has also befriended.

It's been a real blessing to have her around, and we will miss her! Best wishes to you Lucy - and Mary and John and Jay. Kansas is so lucky!
3 comments:
thanks nelsons! im looking at the blog on my phone and cant see the pictures! Driving Is so fun! but we are almost there. hopefully this comment will work. (hopefully it wont cost money too.) i got to go, i have a job waiting for me to be bored.
Hey Lucy - hope you are well! Let us know what you think when you can see the pics!
OK, i finally got my computer up and internet. That is another problem. But the pics are so cute!!!!!!! My family is good. I have a cold and stayed home today, but that is basically it. Life is good, and I'm glad the comment I posted turned out all right.
got to go!
Post a Comment